Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lesane Parish Crooks.


15 years ago today, I was in the McDonald's drive-thru on Delmar with my mom. So many people were calling into the local hip-hop station crying and repeatedly stating how they can't believe that you were gone. Me being a little girl at the time understood that you had passed but I didn't really understand how much it affected the world. I didn't realize it to many years later. Last night I put my iPod on a playlist of you. The first song that played was Changes. I instantly started crying. Hell I'm crying right now. The thing is that's not even   unnormal for me. I turn my iPod on and listen to your music all the time and cry. The song that gets me the most is So Many Tears. Every time I listen to that song I cry or at least my heart gets heavy. Every time. I can't help it. You just do something to me. No one has impacted my life like you have, no one. You're the reason why I love hip-hop so much. You're the reason for 19seventynine. Damn, I just love you. No man, woman nor child to touch a mic will ever be as cold as you. You're just so prefect to me. I cannot wait to get 'September 13th' tattooed on my back. And get a nose ring, left side, just like you. I thank God for you, for Him letting you shine and just being the wonderful man you were here for 25 years. I love you, Tupac Amaru Shakur.

-Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment